Harpsichord after Ruckers
This instrument is a copy after Johannes Ruckers, Antwerp 1638, today located in the Russell Collection in Edinbrgh.
The original harpsichord is a double keyboard "tranposing". This William Horn verson is a sort of french ravalemnt, with two aligned keyboards, three stops, coupler, and five octaves (FF-f3) compass.
The secret of the Ruckers instruments is in having found the ideal proportions for the soundboard, such that many French harpsichord makers of the 18th century copied these instruments.
The instrument can be decorated with a marbleized case and Flemish paper inside the case, in the Flemish tradition, or with gilding in the French style.
Builder & Owner: William Horn
via Attico 10